Recipe: Smoked Salmon Pizza
- Smoked Salmon Pizza
- 8 ounces prepared pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup Dill Cream
- 6 ounces thinly sliced smoked salmon
- Dill Cream: 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Combine all the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 500F. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out into a 10-inch round. Transfer dough to a rimless baking sheet; brush with olive oil. Scatter sliced onion over the top. Bake until crust is golden brown, 6 to 8 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
- Spread the Dill Cream over the top to within an inch of the edge. Arrange the salmon to cover the surface entirely. Use a pizza wheel to slice into 6 pieces.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Italian