Recipe: Sour Cream-Horseradish Mashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds Yukon Gold or russet potatoes (unpeeled)
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 cup prepared horseradish
- Place potatoes in large saucepan; cover with cold water. Bring to boil, reduce heat to medium, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain well; cool slightly. Peel and mash potatoes; place in large saucepan.
- Over medium heat, dry out potatoes for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Whisk sour cream, chopped chives, and horseradish in medium bowl. Stir butter into potatoes. Fold sour cream mixture into potatoes.
- Combine until well mixed. Season with salt.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)