Recipe: Baked Clams
- 48 littleneck clams
- 1½ cups bread crumbs
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp. roasted peppers, minced
- 4 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. oregano
- First clean clams. Pry them open with a butter knife (it is safer than steak knife). Cut out the clam and reserve in bowl. Save one side of the clam shell for serving. We will need 48 halves.
- In small bowl combine bread crumbs, garlic, peppers, oil and oregano. Mix well. Now with the clams, I prefer to chop up all the clams into little pieces (my preference). If you choose to chop them up mix the chopped clams with other ingredients and spoon mixture into clams shells. If you choose not to, take whole clams and place back in shell and spoon mixture over clam.
- Place clams on large cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes. If you like you can garnish with parmesan cheese and lemon.
- Please make sure before placing clam back into shell that you clean them well
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)