Recipe: Chipotle Turkey Chili
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1−2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 15−ounce cans tomato sauce
- 2−3 cups turkey, diced
- 2 15−ounce cans red kidney beans
- 1−2 chipotle chilies, finely diced
- Salt and pepper for seasoning
- Grated cheddar cheese and sliced green onions
- Lightly oil a large saucepan with cooking spray. Heat for a few minutes over medium−high heat. Add the onions, garlic and chili powder. Cook while stirring for about 5 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and bring to a boil. Add the turkey, kidney beans, and chipotle chilies. Heat through and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve garnished with grated cheddar cheese and green onions.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)