Recipe: Deep Fried Pork Meatballs
- 1½ lbs. pork chop meat
- 1½ cups red bell pepper
- 1½ cup finely chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup flour
- vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- First in medium fry pan heat butter until melted and add in flour. Mix well and heat until creamy a dark beige color. Add in onions and red pepper and heat for 10 minutes and remove from heat.
- In large fry cook pork in about ¼ cup oil. Brown well and remove from heat.
- In medium bowl combine meat and onion and pepper mixture with hands, be sure to make sure both are cool first. Let sit in the refrigerator for about 1−2 hours.
- When chilled, roll into small balls. Mix eggs with water and leave in bowl for dipping pork balls. Place bread crumbs in separate bowl.
- First, dip pork balls into egg mixture then coat well with bread crumbs. Do this step to all of the meat before starting to cook.
- In large sauce pot, cover bottom of pot with 2 inches of oil and heat on medium to high. The oil has to high enough to submerse the pork ball. Place as many pork balls in very hot oil and cook for 5−8 minutes, sometimes longer. You will be able to tell.
- In small bowl combine mustard and mayonnaise. To serve place heaping teaspoon in middle of dish and place pork balls around it. Serve as a first course or appetizer.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)