Recipe: Sauteed Mushrooms in Biscuits
- 2 Pkgs. Refrigerated Biscuits, raw
- ½ lb. shitake mushrooms
- ½ lb. fresh mushrooms
- ½ lb. portabella mushrooms
- 2 cups scallions, chopped finely
- 1 cups balsamic vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. pepper
- 1 lemon
- ½ stick of butter
- In large saute pan heat all mushrooms in butter with scallions, garlic, salt and pepper. When mushrooms cooked and tender place in blender or food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
- Place back in saute pan. Add in balsamic vinegar and the juice of lemon. heat for 5 minutes.
- Grease cookie sheet if necessary. Cut biscuits in half. To be safe when doing this, place biscuit on counter and cut from right to left or maybe you can even peel them apart.
- When the biscuits are separated, place a tbsp. of mushroom mixture in the middle and place the top of the biscuit back on top. To make sure the insides don’t fall out press the whole perimeter of the biscuit. Bake for 8 minutes on 325°.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)