Recipe: Barbecued Spareribs
- 2 banks of spareribs, uncut, about 2 pounds each
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup sweet bean sauce (hoi sin deung) or hoi sin sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sherry
- Trim off excess fat from the thick edges of spareribs. Place ribs in a shallow pan or platter. Mix remaining ingredients for a marinade and spread over both sides of the spareribs.
- Let stand for at least two hours. Place one oven rack at the top of the oven and one at the bottom. Preheat to 375F. Hook each bank of spareribs with 3 or 4 S−hooks across its width, on the thick edges, and suspend under top rack.
- Place a large pan with 1/2″ water on bottom rack. This pan will catch the drippings and keep the meat from drying out. Cook spareribs for about 45 minutes.
Number of servings (yield): 3
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)