Recipe: Fried Rice
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon MSG (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon groung white pepper
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 4 scallions, chopped, including green ends
- 2 cups diced cooked pork, ham, chicken, shrimp, or any meat
- 1 slice ginger, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Put first four ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir slightly; the eggs should not be well beaten. Heat wok or pan hot and dry. Add the oil. Brown the garlic and ginger slightly, then add the rice.
- Cook for 2−3 minutes, stirring to break up lumps and coat with oil. Add the rest of the ingredients except the egg mixture. Fry and stir constantly until thoroughly mixed.
- Add the egg mixture while stirring the rice so it will cover as much of the ingredients in the pan as possible. Cook about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Serve while hot.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)