Recipe: Greek Burgers
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 1−1/2 cups non/lowfat yogurt
- 1−1/2 pounds ground turkey, lean
- 2−1/4 teaspoons feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 pita bread loaves, cut in half
- 1−1/2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1−1/2 red onions, sliced
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine garlic and mint in a small bowl and mash.
- Add yogurt, mix, and set aside. Combine turkey and feta cheese in a mixing bowl. Form into 8 patties and sprinkle with pepper.
- Broil 5−10 minutes per side or until turkey is cooked through. Serve in pita bread with tomatoes, onions and yogurt sauce.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)