- 1 pound ground fully cooked low−fat ham
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 2 cups mashed cooked sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 turkey bacon strips, halved lengthwise
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices, drained and halved horizontally
- In a bowl, combine the ham, egg, relish and mustard. Shape into eight patties the same diameter as the pineapple rings.
- Combine the sweet potatoes, orange peel and pepper. Shape into eight patties the same diameter as pineapple rings. On a 15−in. x 10−in. x 1−in. baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray, assemble in the following order:
- Cross 2 strips of bacon, 1 pineapple slice, 1 ham patty, 1 sweet potato patty and 1 pineapple slice. Fold bacon ends up and over top; secure with a toothpick. Bake at 350F for 50−55 minutes or until bacon is crisp. Remove toothpicks; serve immediately.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)