Recipe: Shrimp with Snow Peas
- 2/3 lb. tiger prawns
- Marinade for shrimp: 1 1/2 tsp. sherry
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. grated ginger
- 1 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. water
- Seasoning: 1 Tb. chicken broth
- 3 Tb. water
- 1/2 tsp. cornstarch
- 3 Tb. oyster sauce (very important)
- 1 Tb. hoisin sauce
- also needed: 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, pressed or minced
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 lb. snow peas
- Shell and devein prawns. Rinse and pat dry with a paper towel. Combine marinade in medium bowl. Add prawns and mix well. Let stand 30 mins. Heat wok over medium heat, add oil, and stir fry garlic for 15 secs.
- Add prawns and stir fry until pink. Remove from wok, and place on plate. Add salt and snow peas to oil in wok. Stir fry 30 secs. Add seasoning sauce and stir slightly until think and bubbly. Add cooked prawns.
- Stir to coat everything with sauce. Serve hot with cooked rice.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)