Recipe: Stuffed Mushrooms
- 18 large mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1 shredded wheat biscuit, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Clean mushrooms and wipe dry. Remove stems and chop fine.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium high heat and saute chopped mushroom stems, onions, garlic and walnuts until onion is tender. Remove from heat. Stir in shredded wheat, cheese, basil, parsley, oregano, and pepper. Stuff mushroom caps, packing mixture firmly.
- Arrange mushrooms in a shallow baking dish and sprinkle tops with paprika. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until mushrooms are tender.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)