Recipe: Barbecued Chuck Roast
- 4 pounds Round (7−bone chuck roast), Cut 2″ thick
- 2 teaspoons Meat tenderizer
- 3 each Green onions, chopped
- 1 each Garlic clove
- 1/4 each Green Pepper (diced)
- 2 each Stalks Celery, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon Oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon Rosemary
- 1 dash Cayenne
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup Burgundy wine
- 3 tablespoons Peanut oil
- Slash fat edges. Sprinkle both sides of roast evenly with meat tenderizer. Pierce meat deeply all over with fork.
- Place in shallow dish and top with green onions, garlic, green pepper, celery, oregano, rosemary and cayenne.
- Combine worcestershire, burgundy and oil and pour over meat. Refrigerate overnight, turning meat several times, each time spooning the chopped ingredients over top again.
- Sear both sides over glowing coals. Raise grill and continue cooking, having meat about six inches from heat, until done as desired. Allow from 50 to 60 minues for total cooking time. Brush frequently during cooking with any remaining marinade.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)