Recipe: Beef Fajita Salad
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian dressing
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 pound beef for fajitas, strips or chuncks
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 1/2 cup cooked kidney beans
- 1/2 cup red onion, sliced
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 6 to 8 cups salad greens
- 2 cups crushed tortilla chips
- Combine the cumin, hot pepper sauce and Italian dressing in a small bowl and mix well. Reserve 1/2 cup of the dressing. In a separate bowl, add enough dressing to coat the beef and let marinate for 1 hour. In a hot skillet, fry the beef and cook until done. Allow the beef to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine the beef with the corn, beans, onions and 1/2 cup of the dressing. Refrigerate for several hours before serving.
- To serve, toss the beef and vegetable mixture with the salad greens, tomatoes and shredded cheese. Add extra dressing if necessary and top with the crushed tortilla chips.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: Indian (Northern)