Recipe: Cherry Turnover
- 8 frozen phyllo dough sheets, thawed
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 6 Tablespoons no−sugar−added black cherry fruit spread
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cherry liqueur (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon cold water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly brush each phyllo sheet with butter; stack. Cut through all sheets to form six (5−inch) squares.
- Combine fruit spread and cherry liqueur, if desired. Place 1 tablespoon fruit spread mixture in center of each pile of eight phyllo squares; brush edges of phyllo with butter.
- Fold edges over to form triangle; gently press edges together to seal. Place on ungreased cookie sheet. Beat together egg and water; brush over phyllo triangles. Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Makes 6 turnovers
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)