Recipe: Chocolate Banana Mousse
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup evaporated skim milk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar replacement
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Combine chocolate, 1/4 cup of the milk and the sugar replacement in top of double boiler. (Chill remaining milk in freezer.) Cook and stir over simmering water until chocolate melts.
- Pour amount of hot chocolate mixture over egg yolks and beat well. Pour egg mixture into chocolate mixture on top of double boiler. Stir in salt. Cook and stir over hot water until mixture thickens.
- Cool completely. Scrape cold or slightly frozen milk into mixing bowl and beat until very stiff. Fold chocolate mixture into stiffly beaten milk. Fold in vanilla extract and banana slices. Spoon into mold, freezer tray or individual cups and freeze until firm. Yields 8 servings.
- Diabetic Exchange 1 serving: 1 bread, 1 fat Calories 1 serving: 69
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)