Recipe: Cream Cheese and Jelly Cookies
- 3/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced−fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Equal® for Recipes or 8 packets Equal® sweetener or 1/3 cup Equal®
- 2 cups all−purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup black cherry or seedless raspberry spreadable fruit
- Beat margarine, cream cheese and Equal® in medium bowl until fluffy; mix in flour and salt to form a soft dough.
- Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm, about 3 hours. Roll dough on lightly floured surface into circle 1/8 thick; cut into rounds with 3−inch cutter. Place rounded 1/4 teaspoon spreadable fruit in center of each round; fold rounds in halves and crimp edges firmly with tines of fork.
- Pierce tops of cookies with tip of sharp knife. Bake cookies on greased cookie sheets in preheated 350 degree F oven until lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
- Makes about 3 dozen
- Serving size: 1 cookie, Yield: 36, Exchanges: 1/2 Bread, 1 Fat Nutrition: 80 Calories, 1 g Protein, 7 g Carbo, 5 g Fat
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)