Recipe: Deli Potato Salad
- 6 to 10 potatoes, boiled, cooled and cut in chunks
- 3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 lb. salami, ham, or other favorite deli meat, cut in chunks
- 3 dill pickles, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 3 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 3 tbsp. red wine vinegar
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Mix potatoes, pickles, eggs, apple and onion in a large bowl. Fry salami lightly and drain off excess fat, cool.
- Stir salami, mayonnaise and seasoning into potato mixture. Chill for 2 hours before serving. Garnish with slivered red and green sweet peppers.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: USA (General)