Recipe: Diabetic Fruit Cookies
- 3 medium sized ripe bananas
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped mixed dried fruits (such as dates, apricots and raisins)
- 1/3 cup peanut or safflower oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, almonds or pecans)
- 1 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup uncooked oat bran
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 2 large cookie sheets. Mash bananas in large bowl until smooth (You should have about 1−1/2 cups). Stir in oil, vanilla and salt.
- Add oats, oat bran, mixed fruits and nuts; stir well to combine. Drop by rounded measuring tablespoonfuls onto prepared cookie sheets, about 1 inch apart. Flatten out slightly with back of spoon.
- Bake about 20−25 minutes or until bottom and edges of cookies are lightly browned. Transfer cookies onto wire rack to cool completely. Store in refrigerator.
- Yield: 24 servings 105 calories per cookie, Protein 2 g , Fat 5 g , Carbohydrates 14 g , Sodium 14 g, Cholesterol O mg. Diabetic
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)