Recipe: Florentine Stuffed Meatloaf
- 1 pound lean hamburger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- In a medium bowl, combine hamburger, egg, onion, salt and pepper. Line sides and bottom of an 8 x 4−inch loaf pan with 2/3 of meat mixture. Set aside. Press excess moisture out of spinach. In a medium bowl, combine spinach and nutmeg. Spread half of spinach over meat. Press lightly.
- Sprinkle cheese over spinach. Top with remaining spinach. Press lightly. Form remaining meat over top, sealing seams. Bake at 350F for 50 to 55 minutes or until brown and firm in center.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)