Recipe: Fourth of July Cheesecake
- 3 cups vanilla wafer crumbs
- 4 Tablespoons margarine, metled
- 3 Tablespoons NutraSweet® Spoonful
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup skim milk
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 1 package (3 ounces) reduced fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup NutraSweet® Spoonful
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pints raspberries
- Mix crumbs, margarine and 3 Tablespoons NutraSweet® Spoonful in medium bowl; pat evenly on bottom of jelly roll pan, 15 by 10 inches. Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until gelatin is dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Beat cream cheese until fluffy in large bowl; gradually beat in milk mixture. Beat in lemon juice and rind, vanilla and 1/3 to 1/2 cup NutraSweet® Spoonful.
- Pour mixture over crust; refrigerate until set, 3 to 4 hours. Before serving, decorate to look like an American flag, using blueberries for the stars and the raspberries for the stripes.
- Serving size: 1 slice Yield: 16 slices Exchanges: 1 starch, 2 fat Nutrition: 170 Calories, 5 g Protein, 16 g Carbo, 10 g Fat
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)