Recipe: Pineapple Baby Back Ribs
- 3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons mustard powder
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (2 pound) slab baby back pork ribs
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- In a large glass bowl or dish, stir together the pineapple juice, brown sugar, mustard powder, ketchup, red wine vinegar, lemon juice and soy sauce. Mix in the cloves, ginger, garlic and cayenne pepper. Cut ribs into serving size pieces and place into the marinade. Cover and refrigerate, turning occasionally, for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven the oven to 275F. Place ribs into a 9×13 inch baking dish, and cover with marinade. Cook for 1 1/2 hours, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium heat. Cook ribs on the grill for about 15 to 20 minutes, basting with barbecue sauce, and turning frequently.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)