Recipe: Spicy Pecan Salad
- 1 heart of romaine lettuce
- red onion
- 1/8 cup crumbles blue cheese
- 2 oz. spicy pepper pecans (chopped)
- 4 teaspoons raspberry vinaigrette (per serving)
- Spicy Pepper Pecans:
- 2 oz. or 1/2 cup of chopped pecans
- 3 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Toss romaine lettuce with raspberry vinaigrette and divide evenly on salad plates. Slice red onion paper−thin and layer to taste on top of the greens. Sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles and spicy pepper pecans to taste.
- Rinse pecan pieces to dampen. Combine brown sugar and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix in damp pecan pieces and toss until thoroughly coated.
- Spread evenly on cookie sheet then place in preheated 400F oven and cook 5 to 10 minutes or until brown sugar is thoroughly melted on pecans. Remove and let cool.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: USA (General)