Recipe: Strawberry Spinach Salad
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach − chopped, washed and dried
- 1 quart strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Whisk together the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, sugar, olive oil, vinegar, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, and onion.
- Refrigerate until chilled. In a large bowl, combine the spinach, strawberries and almonds.
- Pour dressing over salad; toss and refrigerate 10−15 minutes before serving.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: German