Recipe: Summer Fruit Trifle
- 1 package (18.25 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 3 egg whites
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 to 3 Tablespoons NutraSweet® Spoonful
- Milk Custard (recipe below)
- 1 cup raspberries
- 2 nectarines or peaches, sliced
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1 pint blueberries
- Light whipped topping
- Make cake mix according to package directions, using water and egg whites; bake in a 13 by 9−inch baking pan. Cool on wire rack. Cut half the cake into 1−inch cubes (freeze or reserve remaining cake for another use).
- Process strawberries in blender or food processor until smooth; stir in NutraSweet® Spoonful. Layer 1/3 of the cake cubes in bottom of 2−quart glass serving bowl. Spoon 1/3 of the Milk Custard and strawberry puree over cake and top with 1/3 of the raspberries, nectarines, banana and blueberries.
- Repeat layers 2 times. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before serving. Garnish with whipped topping.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)