Recipe: Bacon Muffins
- 6 bacon slices, fried crisp
- 2/3 cup oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or butter extract
- 1 1/4 cup vanilla whey protein powder
- 2 Tablespoons oat flour
- 2 Tablespoons high gluten flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Combine oil, water, whipping cream, vanilla (or butter) extract, and eggs. Mix well.
- Add vanilla whey protein powder, oat flour, high gluten flour and baking powder; mix until moistened well.
- Break bacon into small bits and stir into batter. Pour into greased muffin tins (or use non−stick muffin liners.)
- Bake at 350°F. for 10−15 minutes, keeping an eye on them so as not to over−bake. Cool at least 5 minutes before removing from pan or liners.
- Makes 12 muffins. 3 carbs per muffin.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)