Recipe: Veal Chops in Mustard Sauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4 thick, lean rib veal chops, each weighing approx 8−oz
- 2 tablespoons softened butter
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon−style mustard
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- Melt the butter in a heavy, non−stick skillet. Add the chops to the skillet and cook them over medium heat for approx. 10 minutes on each side or till done.
- In a tiny saucepan, heat the next 7 ingredients together, stirring frequently. Do not boil the mixture. When the chops are cooked, remove them to a heated platter.
- Pour off any excess fat that may have accumulated i
n the skillet and add the mustard mixture to the pan.
- Heat over a low flame to combine the mustard mixture with the pan juices. Pour the sauce over the chops and garnish with parsley.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)