Recipe: Warm Herb Cheese Spread
- 3-8 ounce packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the cream cheese into a large bowl and beat just until smooth. Gradually mix in the milk, lemon juice, the gar lic powder, and the dried herbs.
- Spoon into a 9 -inch quiche dish or pie plate, cover and bake for 15 minutes or until hot.
- Serve warm with assorted crackers, breadsticks, or fresh vegetables. Refrigerate any leftovers.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: USA (General)