Recipe: Vichyssoise 2
- 2 tb Butter or margarine
- 3 md Leeks, carefully washed -and minced 1 md Onion, minced
- 2 c Potatoes, finely diced (about 2 large potatoes) 4 c Chicken broth
- 1 c Half and half
- Salt to taste
- White pepper to taste
- ln a deep, 2 1/2-quart to 3-quart, heat-resistant, non- metallic casserole, melt butter in Microwave Oven 30 seconds. Add leeks and onions. Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven an additional 3 minutes.
- Add diced potatoes and chicken broth to butter-leek mixture. Heat, covered, 15 to 18 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Press mixture through a sieve or electric blender till smooth.
- Return mixture to heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole and gradually stir in cream. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Heat, covered, 4 minutes or until soup is very hot.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: USA (General)