Recipe: Vinaigrette Of Braised Soup Veggies
- 1 md Carrot; peeled
- 1 sm Head celery
- 4 sm Leeks
- 1 md Turnip; peeled
- 4 Parsley roots – peeled 2 tb Minced garlic
- 1 ts Ground coriander
- 2 c :water
- 1 ts Salt
- 3 tb White wine vinegar
- 1 tb Chopped fresh dill
- 1/3 c Extra virgin olive oil
- QUARTER CARROT LENGTHWISE, trim and discard top 2 inches of celery and quarter remaining head. Remove green part of leeks. Slice turnip into 3/8-inch slabs.
- Place vegetables, garlic and coriander in a saucepan large enough to handle them comfortably and add water and salt. Cover, place over high heat. Cook until vegetables are soft and remove each from the water as they are done. Place vegetables to drain on towels and place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Add vinegar to the liquid in the saucepan and boil the liquid until reduced by 2/3. Remove from the heat and pour the liquid into a mixing bowl. When the liquid is cool, add the dill and vigorously beat in the oil.
- Arrange the vegetables on a platter, pour the sauce over them and serve.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: hors d’oerves
Culinary tradition: USA (General)