Recipe: Welsh Rarebit 3
- 3 Eggs, at room temperature
- 12 oz Bottle beer or ale
- 3 c Cheddar cheese, cubed (approximately 1 pound) 3 T Butter or margarine
- 1 1/2 t Dry mustard
- 1 1/2 t Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 t Tabasco sauce
- 12 Toast triangles (made from
- 6 sl Of bread)
- 6 sl Of ham cut into triangles -the size of bread triangles
- In a deep, 1 1/2-quart, heat-resistant, non-metallic casserole beat eggs until well blended. Stir in remaining ingredients except toast and ham.
- Heat, uncovered, in Microwave Oven 6 to 7 minutes or until cheese has melted and mixture has thickened. Stir mixture about once every minute.
- Beat mixture with rotary beater or electric mixer until very smooth.
- Spoon rarebit over 2 toast triangles that have been topped with ham triangles.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: snack
Culinary tradition: Irish