Recipe: Crusty Chicken Crescents
- 1 large chicken
- 1-6 ounce package of cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon of sage
- 1 stick of butter or margarine
- 1 bag of Pepperidge Farm stu ffing mix
- 2 cans of crescent rolls
- Salt and pepper
- Place 1/4 stick of the butter or margarine, the sage, salt and pepper in a p ot with enough water to cover the chicken and boil until the chicken is tender. Remove the chicken from heat and allow to cool. Remove the chicken from the bones and cut into fine pieces. Mix the chicken pieces into the softened cream cheese.
- Place 1 t ablespoon of the chicken mixture onto each crescent roll and wrap the roll completely around the chicken mixture.
- Dip the roll s into the melted margarine or butter and then roll in the finely crushed stuffing mix.
- Bake the rolls on a cookie sheet at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (Traditional)