Recipe: Hot Smoked Salmon with Savory Butter
- 6 tbsp. butter
- softened juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh dill
- 2 tbsp. capers, drained and finely chopped
- 1 tsp. freshly grated lemon rind pinch of lemon pepper or white pepper
- 2 lbs. smoked salmon dill sprigs for garnish
- Cream the butter with the lemon juice, dill, capers, lemon rind, and pepper. Shape mixture into a roll and wrap tightly in foil. Refrigerate until needed, at least 2 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 425°F. . Wrap the smoked salmon in foil. Place on a cookie sheet and heat in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes Remove the sheet from the oven.
- Remove the foil and place the salmon on a warm platter. Garnish with the dill sprigs and thin slices of the Christmas butter. The butter mixture will melt; the resulting taste and consistencies are amazing!
Number of servings (yield): 8
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)