Recipe: Peppered Beef Roast
- 1-3 1/2 to 5 -pound beef tip roast
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground allspice
- 1/2 tea spoon of ground red pepper
- 1 large clove of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees. Combin e the blank pepper, mustard, allspice, red pepper, and the garlic and stir in the vegetable oil to form a paste. Spread the mi xture evenly on the surface of the roast and place the roast fat side up on the rack in an open roasting pan. Insert a meat the rmometer so that it is centered in the thickest part of the roast.
- Cook the roast uncovered and without adding water to the des ired doneness, allowing 30 to 35 minutes per pound. Once the roast reaches the desired doneness (when the thermometer reaches 155 degrees, the roast will be done “medium”) remove from the oven and allow to sit for 15 to 20 minutes before carving.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: lunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)