Recipe: Red Wine – Reduction Gravy
- 3 tbsp. butter
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1 /2 cup turkey drippings
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 /2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- About 45 minutes before you plan to eat Christmas dinner, melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and rosemary. Sauté for about 3 min utes, until soft. Add the turkey drippings, which you can easily take from the pan in which the.
- Add the turkey drippings, which you can easily take from the pan in which the over high heat, stirring often. Reduce the heat and simmer, stirring regularly, for about 40 minutes, or until the gravy has thickened (you’ll be able to tell).
- Serve warm over your Christmas turkey and dressing. Happy, gravy-laden christmas! “The right time to collect turkey drippings for gravy is about 25 to 30 minutes before the turkey itself is done”
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)