Recipe: Scrambled Eggs with Rosemary
- 12 eggs (two per person)
- 3 tbsp. half & half
- 16 to 36 fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped
- 3 /4 tsp. salt
- 3 /4 tsp. ground pepper
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 3 /4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 6 rosemary sprigs (each 3 to 4 inches long) for garnish (optional)
- Combine the eggs, half & half, chopped rosemary leaves, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and stir the mixture with a fork until blended.
- Melt the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium-low heat. When the butter has melted, pour the egg mixture into the skillet, stirring the mixture occasionally as it cooks. When the eggs are still somewhat runny (just beginning to clump to gether), add the Parmesan cheese and continue stirring until cooked to taste.
- Divide the eggs among plates, and, if you like, garnish each serving with sprigs of rosemary. (Just stick the sprigs into the eggs at an angle.) We like to serve this dish accompanied by sliced pears. The rosemary and Parmesan cheese turn ordinary scrambled eggs into a richer, more flavorful dish.
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)