Recipe: Sensational Double-Layer Pumpkin Pie
- 4 ounces cream cheese , room temperature
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 -cup cold milk or half -and-half cream (divided)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 cup frozen whippe d topping, thawed
- One prepared graham cracker pie crust (9 ounces)
- Two packages (4-serving size each) vanilla -flavored instant p udding and pie filling
- One can of (16 ounces) pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Whipped cream and nuts for garnish (optional)
- In large bowl, mix together cream cheese, 1 -tablespoon milk an d sugar with wire whisk until mixture is smooth. Gently stir in whipped topping. Spread mixture over bottom of crust. Set asi de. Pour remaining 1-cup milk into a bowl. Add pudding mix. Beat with wire whisk until well blended, one to two minutes. Mix ture will be thick.
- Add pumpkin and spices and beat with wire whisk until well blended, one to two minutes. Mixture will be thick.
- Add pumpkin and spices and beat with wire whisk, mixing well. Spread over cream cheese layer. Refrigerate at least th ree hours. Garnish with whipped cream or additional whipped topping and nuts, if desired.
Number of servings (yield): 2
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)