Recipe: Almond Cakes
- 1 cup blanched almonds
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon rose water (optional)
- 3 egg whites
- Vegetable cooking spray
- Place almonds in food processor, and process until finely ground. Add sugar and flour; process until blended.
- Add rose water and egg whites; process until well-blended (the mixture will be very thick).
- With floured hands, shape the dough into 28 balls, and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 28 minutes or until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside; cool on racks.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)