Recipe: Christmas Butter Cookies
- 1 c Butter
- 1 c Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1 tb Milk
- 1 ts Vanilla
- 2 3/4 c All-purpose flour
- 1 ts Baking powder
- 1/4 ts Salt
- Cream butter, gradually add sugar and beat until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg, milk and vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Chill for ease in handling. Roll out dough to 1/8″ thickness on lightly floured surface.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters into desired shapes. Bake on a cookie sheet in preheated 350 F oven 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool. Makes 4-5 dozen.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: brunch
Culinary tradition: USA (General)