Recipe: Cranberry Sauce
- 1 pound fresh or frozen cranberries (4 cups)
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- Rinse cranberries with cool water, and remove any stems or blemished berries.
- Heat the water and sugar to boiling in 3-quart saucepan over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling 5 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Stir in cranberries.
- Heat to boiling over medium heat, stirring occasionally. Continue boiling about five minutes longer, stirring occasionally, until cranberries begin to pop.
- Pour sauce into bowl or container.
- Refrigerate about 3 hours or until chilled.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: breakfast
Culinary tradition: USA (General)