Recipe: Easter Eggs
- 2 boxes powdered sugar
- 2 sticks butter or margarine
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 small can Carnation milk
- 1 pkg. chopped nuts
- 1 small jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 can crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 pkg. (12 oz.) chocolate chips
- Mix sugar, butter, nuts, cherries, pineapple and coconut.
- Add salt.
- Add milk to stick together, but not runny.
- Shape and allow to dry.
- Melt chocolate chips in double boiler. You can adds haved paraffin to chocolate chips to make chocolate shiny.
- Dip shaped egg into melted chocolate and set out to dry.(Tupperware Pastry Sheet very helpful here.)
- When chocolate is set, eggs can then be personalized and decorated with icing.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)