Recipe: Easter Lemonade
- 1 env. unflavored gelatin
- 1 (6 oz.) can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 (10″) tube angel food cake
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 beaten eggs
- Dash of salt
- 1/4 c. water
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can evaporated milk
- Chill evaporated milk and whip. Mix gelatin, sugar and salt.
- Add eggs and water. Cook and stir until gelatin dissolves, remove from heat.
- Stir in lemonade concentrate and chill until partially set. Fold in whipped milk. Rub brown crumbs off cake and break into bite size pieces.
- Cover bottom of 10″ tube pan with thin layer of gelatin mixture. Loosely arrange 1/3 of cake pieces on top.
- Pour 1/3 of remaining gelatin and repeat process. Chill until firm.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)