Recipe: Easter Trifle
- 15 oz. (425g) can black cherries, drained and pitted
- one and a quarter pints (750 ml) fresh milk
- 7 fl. oz. double cream, whipped
- 4 tbsp. cherry brandy
- 4 tbsp black cherry jam
- 5 oz. (150g) Madeira cake, cut into 8 slices
- 1 chocolate flake, crumbled
- 3 tbsp. (45 ml) custard powder
- 1 oz. (25g) caster sugar
- walnut halves and mini Easter eggs to decorate Spread 4 slices of the Madeira cake with jam then sandwich together wit the remaining slices cut into cubes and place in a trifle dish Sprinkle with the cherry brandy.
- Top with chocolate flake and cherries Mix the custard powder with the sugar and a little milk Heat remaining milk until it.
- Boils then stir in the custard powder and cook until it thickens, stirring continuously Leave the custard to cool then pour gently over the trifle.
- Top with the cream then decorate with walnut halves and mini Easter eggs
Number of servings (yield): 6
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)