Recipe: Easy Easter Cut-Outs
- 1 c Chocolate Chips
- 2 ts Shortening
- 1/4 ts Water
- 1 dr Food color
- 1/2 c Sweetened Coconut Flakes
- NOT butter, margarine, oil, or vegetable oil spread
- Cover bottom of 13×9-inch pan with heavy duty foil.
- In small microwave-safe bowl, place chocolate chips and shortening. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 to 1-1/2 minutes, or until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth when stirred. Immediately spread mixture evenly on foil to about 1/8-inch thick; pat TINTED COCONUT evenly onto chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 5 to 10 minutes or until beginning to firm. Press sturdy, Easter-shaped cookie cutters down to foil, cutting through coconut and chocolate; do NOT remove shapes. Return to refrigerator until completely firm; gently remove foil.
- Gently press out shapes; cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Use as garnish for desserts.
- 6 to 12 cut-outs. Tinted Coconut: In small bowl, stir together 1/4 teaspoon water and 1 drop food color. Stir in 1/2 cup Sweetened Coconut Flakes; with fork, toss until evenly tinted.
Number of servings (yield): 4
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)