Recipe: Herbed Turkey Breast
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper One bone-in whole turkey breast (5 -1/2 to 6 pounds)
- Preheat oven to 325-degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, lemon juice, soy sauce, green onions, sage, thyme, marjoram and pepper.
- Bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Place turkey breast in shallow roasting pan; baste with butter mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, in preheated oven 1 -1/2 to 2 hours, basting every 30 minutes, until meat thermometer reads 170-degrees. Let rest ten minutes before carving.
Note: to shred Brussels sprouts, put through food processor using coarse shredding disc or slicing disk; or use a sharp knife.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dinner
Culinary tradition: USA (General)