Recipe: Hippity Hop Easter Bunny Cake
- 2 1/2 c Coconut, divided
- Red food coloring
- 2 Baked 9-inch round cake-Layers,
- cooled 8 oz Cool Whip
- Assorted candies for garnish
- Tint 1/4 cup of the coconut pink using red food coloring. Cut 1 cake layer as a half circle shape on each side of the cake (for the ears) leaving a bow tie shape in the center of the cake.
- The bow tie shape should be about 1 1/2″ wide at the widest part. Leave one layer whole.
- Arrange whole cake layer in center of cake platter, place half circle shapes on the top pointing up for the bunnies ears.
- Place the remaining piece at the bottom of the whole cake layer to make a bow tie.
- Frost: With whipped Topping. Sprinkle center of bunny’s ears and bowtie with pink coconut. Sprinkle white coconut over bunny’s head and outer edge of ears and bowtie.
- Decorate with candies for eyes, nose, mouth and whiskers Hint: For decorating you could use red string licorice, chocolate chips for the eyes nose and mouth and maybe to outline the ears and bow tie.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)