Recipe: Lemony Cheesecake With Raspberry Topping
- 32 ounces vanilla low-fat yogurt (1 carton)
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 cup low-fat granola cereal (without raisins)
- 1 tablespoon stick margarine melted
- 1 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces Neufchatel cheese, (1 package)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg white
- 10 ounces frozen raspberries in light syrup, (1 package) thawed
- Place a colander in a 2-quart glass measure or medium bowl. Line colander with 4 layers of cheesecloth, allowing cheesecloth to extend over edge of bowl.
- Spoon the yogurt into colander. Cover loosely with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 12 hours. Spoon yogurt cheese into a large bowl, and set aside; discard liquid. Coat bottom of 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray.
- Combine granola and margarine; stir well. Press mixture into bottom of pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 20 minutes, and let cool on a wire rack.
- Add nonfat sour cream and next 4 ingredients (sour cream through Neufchatel cheese) to the yogurt cheese, and beat at medium speed of a mixer until smooth.
- Add the grated lemon rind, lemon juice, 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla, 2 eggs, and 2 egg whites, and beat well. Spoon the cheese mixture into prepared pan. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hour; remove from oven.
- Combine low-fat sour cream, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 1 egg white; stir well. Spread sour cream mixture evenly over cheesecake, and return to oven; bake an additional 15 minutes.
- Turn off oven, and let cheesecake stand in closed oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven; cover and chill at least 8 hours.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)