Recipe: Marshmallow Easter Bunnies and Chicks
- 3 1/2 ts Plain gelatin soaked in 1/4 cup of water
- 1/4 c Water
- 1 1/4 c Sugar
- 3/4 c Invert Sugar
- 3/8 c Light corn syrup
- 1/2 ts Vanilla
- Flavoring & color, optional
- Colored sugar
- In mixing bowl, soak gelatin in water.
- In a saucepan, combine water, sugar and invert sugar.Heat but do not boil.
- Pour hot syrup into gelatin, beating slowly. Gradually add corn syrup and vanilla, beating on medium high speed of mixer until mixture is fluffy, white, and doubled in bulk.
- Color and flavor marshmallow as desired. Keep mixing bowl in a larger bowl of very hot water to keep marshmallow from hardening.
- Butter Easter molds and spoon candy into molds. Set aside about 1 hour; remove from molds and roll in colored sugar. Dry candy for a few hours, then pack tightly in covered containers.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)