Recipe: Marshmallow Easter Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Knox gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup hot water
- 1 cup white Karo syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla Cornstarch, for hands Milk chocolate
- Mix gelatin and cold water. Set aside until water is absorbed.
- Combine sugar, hot water, 1/2 cup of the Karo syrup and cook to the soft ball stage (240°F). Cool a few minutes.
- Beat with mixer at full speed. Add the remaining Karo syrup and all of the gelatin mixture, 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Beat 7 to 8 minutes after the last addition of the gelatin.
- Add vanilla.
- Pour into a well greased 7×9-inch pan and chill thoroughly.
- Dust hands with cornstarch.
- Spoon marshmallow out of pan and form eggs.
- Brush excess cornstarch off and let dry for 1/2 hour on waxed paper.
- Pour melted milk chocolate over eggs and let set.
- . Refrigerate for easier handling.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)