Recipe: Meringue Kisses for Easter
- 2 Egg whites; room temperature
- 1/4 ts Cream of tartar
- pn Salt
- 1/2 c Granulated sugar
- 1/2 ts Vanilla extract
- 4 oz Semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl, with electric mixer on medium speed, beat egg whites until frothy; add cream of tartar and salt.
- Beat on high speed until stiff; beat in sugar 1 tablespoon at a time. Add vanilla; fold in chocolate chips.
- Drop batter by heaping teaspoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet. Place in oven. Turn oven off; leave cookies in oven 5 hours.
Number of servings (yield): 12
Meal type: dessert
Culinary tradition: USA (General)